Client: Pennsylvania American Water
Project Name: Renovation of Three Operations Centers
Project Timeline: January 2021 – August 2022
Construction Amount: $6.4 million
Services Provided: Resident Project Representative
SB Thomas was awarded an on-call contract to provide Resident Project Representative (RPR) services to PA American Water on its facility renovation and upgrade projects. In 2021, SB Thomas was assigned the following three (3) work orders under the contract:
1. Bethel Park Operations Center Renovation; Construction Value
$3.1 million. Construction completed in December 2021.
2. Uniontown Operations Center Renovation; Construction Value $2.1
million. Construction completed in November 2021.
3. Warren Operations Center Renovation; Construction Value $1.2
million. Construction to be completed in Summer 2022.
SB Thomas was engaged to provide Resident Project Representative (RPR) services to PA American Water which include:
• Review the progress schedule, schedule of shop drawing and sample submittals, and schedule of values prepared by a contractor and consult with Owner’s engineer concerning acceptability
• Attend meetings with contractor, such as preconstruction conferences, progress meetings, job conferences and other project-related meetings
• Part-time on-site inspections at each project and prepare inspection reports
• Review change orders and provide recommendations to the Owner
• Submittal and RFI tracking
• Verifying punchlist completion
• Close out assistance