Client: Community College of Allegheny County
Project Name: Center for Faculty Innovation
Project Timeline: January 2019 – March 2023
Construction Amount: $8 million
Services Provided: Construction Management, Project Administration, Grant Administration Assistance Services
The Community College of Allegheny County’s (CCAC) Chalfant Hall is located at 915 Ridge Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA and is a roughly 19,000 square foot building that was originally constructed in 1900. CCAC is currently renovating Chalfant Hall to serve as the College’s Center for Faculty Innovation. The facility will include instructional classrooms, collaborative spaces, offices, and conference rooms to serve the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning and the Virtual Campus. Renovations include hazardous material abatement, interior demolition, replacement of slate roof and copper gutters, complete mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system upgrades, and all new interior spaces.
SB Thomas was engaged to provide RACP grant writing and administration assistance services as well as advisory construction management services on this project beginning with the conceptual design phase and continuing through construction close out. Following is a list of services being provided by SB Thomas on this project:
• Prepared RACP e-submission and formal application & business plan
• Administration assistance of the RACP grant throughout construction including working directly with the URA and State’s Consultant
• Participation in design and owner update meetings, completing constructability reviews, value engineering, and detailed reviews of cost estimates
• Site logistics planning & construction phasing
• Construction phase services including daily on-site inspections, daily inspection reporting, multiple prime contractor coordination, schedule review and monitoring, conducting job meetings, change order management, documentation control, close out assistance, and more.