Project Name: Construction Management Task Order Contract Pittsburgh, PA
Owner: Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (HACP)
Dates: 2012 – 2014
Team Members: CM: SB Thomas & Assoc., Various General, Electrical, and Elevator contractors involved at each site
Construction Amount: $4.49K (All Projects)
SB Thomas & Associates participated as a Woman-Owned Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (WDBE) sub-consultant to both Hill International and Massaro CM Services on two (2) separate CM Service Task Order contracts with the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh. Under these contracts, SBTA provided a wide variety of construction management services on projects including Electrical Upgrades and Roof Replacements at the Northview Family buildings and Electrical & Fire Alarm System upgrades and Elevator Modernization projects at the Northview High Rise. The electrical upgrades and elevator modernization projects were single prime contracts while the roof replacement project involved two (2) separate prime contractors (General & Plumbing).
- SB Thomas & Associates’ staff was engaged to perform a variety of construction management services including:
- Conducting all of the weekly job meetings and preparing the meeting minutes.
- Tracking and logging RFI and submittals for all prime contractors.
- Monitoring MWBE and Section 3 participation on each project.
Ensuring all required HUD forms were provided and were correctly completed.
- Reviewing and approving contractor payment applications.
- Monitoring the construction schedule.
- Reviewing change orders and providing recommendations to the Owner.
- Prepare the monthly progress reports.
SB Thomas & Associates superior construction management services were instrumental in helping to ensure that these projects were completed on-time and in compliance with all HUD and HACP requirements.